Will Hanza is a multi-instrumentalist proudly playing his MD815V model mandolin with projects such as Escaper (Ropeadope Records), The Breakneck Boys and Owl & Wolf. The instrument was purchased at the annual Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival a couple years ago and as Will says, “I’ve been in love with and grown with the instrument ever since!”
Will flirts with many genres from jazz and blues to folk, celtic, bluegrass and raga to spacey funk and rock. As a touring musician, he has performed at a number of festivals and events such as Philadelphia Folk Festival, Catskill Chill Music Festival, SXSW, NAMM, as well as venues such as Hammerstein Ballroom, Brooklyn Bowl and World Cafe Live. Shared bills with Greensky Bluegrass, Del McCoury, George Clinton, Mike Gordon (Phish), Moe., Suzanne Vega, Lettuce, Cabinet and many more. He has also a featured contributor for Guitar World Magazine and has been featured on WXPN, PBS, Relix Magazine, The Village Voice, Time Out NY, Live for Live Music and more.
“Bursting with musical and spiritual energy, lush soundscapes, and riveting musicianship... The driving force is his own restless, intertwined musical and spiritual energy.” (MusicDish.com)
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/32"
- Fretwire:23 Jescar FW37053
- Scale Length:13 7/8"
- Body Style:F-Style w/ F-Holes
- Body Dimensions:26 11/16" x 10" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top:Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Highly Flamed Maple
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Top, Back, Fingerboard, and Headstock
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock Flower Pot
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color:Black
- Body Finish:Antique Varnish
- Neck/Headstock Finish:Antique Varnish
- Harware Color:Chrome
- Tailpiece:Eastman Cast Aluminum Tailpiece
- Bridge:Adjustable Compensated Ebony Bridge
- String Spacing:1 5/8"
- Nut Height:.018"
- Pickups:Optional K&K Duotone
- Tuners:Gotoh MF40R-MP-NI
- Strap Peg:Ebony
- Strings:D'Addario J74
- Action Height:0.060"/0.050"
- Case:Hardshell Case