Spencer Draeger has been performing and recording music his entire life. Growing up in San Francisco, he toured the nation in various acts before he set out by himself to New York to form the "psych-tronica" trio, The Midnight Hollow. After their first album they garnered praise from various press outlets such as Vice’s Noisey, Stereogum, Indie Shuffle, Hype Machine, Paste, as well as being hailed as one of the great psychedelic staples in Brooklyn. Their single “Forward" was the inspiration for one of Todd Snyder’s shows during New York Fashion week.
In 2016, during the recording of their 2nd album with producer Jorge Elbrecht (Ariel Pink, Frankie Rose, No Joy), Spencer had an excess of 12 songs and decided to form a new project called Dräger. This was to be an avenue for fully exploring a more romantic, softer side, while also a chance to be purely independent from a band.
On top of being the songwriter for these two separate projects he’s also currently cowriting songs with Brooklyn’s Electro Soul act RevV, as well as singer, Rochee and other NY acts.
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- Fretwire:20 Jescar-FW43080
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Body Dimensions:15 5/8" x 4 3/4"
- Body Top:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Laminated Sapele
- Bridge/Saddle:Rosewood/Bone, 2 5/32" Spacing
- Truss Rod:Dual Acting
- Binding:Top and Back
- Binding Material:Black Plastic
- Logo:Maple Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color:White
- Bridge Pins:White Plastic w/black dots
- Body Top Finish:Open Pore
- Neck/Headstock Finish:Open Pore
- Hardware Color:Nickel
- Pickguard:Optional Black Teardrop
- Tuners:Ping RM 1171
- Strings:D'Addario .012-.053 #EXP16
- Action Height:12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
- Truss Rod Wrench:4mm