UK-based mandolin player Polly Bolton first picked up the instrument when she was a child and has been touring internationally in various line ups since her early teens.
Polly toured with old time/jug band group The Whiskey Dogs in both the UK and Europe for several years, performing at festivals in Portugal, England and Ireland, as well as several seasons of concert shows across the UK.
Polly has various current projects, including progressive bluegrass / acoustic trio Stillhouse, formed with guitarist and vocalist Jonny Neaves and double bassist Matthew Mefford (MilkDrive) from Austin, Texas, and a Celtic, bluegrass and oldtime duo with Celtic Connections' Danny Kyle Award winner Bella Gaffney.
Polly teaches mandolin and banjo to students of many ages and backgrounds in her home city of York, UK.
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/32"
- Fretwire:23 Jescar FW37053
- Scale Length:13 7/8"
- Body Style:F-Style w/ F-Holes
- Body Dimensions:26 11/16" x 10" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top:Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Highly Flamed Maple
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Top, Back, Fingerboard, and Headstock
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock Flower Pot
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color:Black
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck/Headstock Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color:Chrome
- Tailpiece:Eastman Cast Aluminum Tailpiece
- Bridge:Adjustable Compensated Ebony Bridge
- String Spacing:1 5/8"
- Nut Height:.018"
- Pickups:Optional K&K Duotone
- Tuners:Gotoh MF40R-MP-NI
- Strap Peg:Ebony
- Strings:D'Addario J74
- Action Height:0.060"/0.050"
- Case:Hardshell Case