Michael Engdahl is a guitarist, composer, and educator based in Wichita, KS. He is a graduate of Wichita State University’s Jazz Studies program where he performed with the Jazz Arts I Big Band, Guitar Ensemble and led multiple jazz combos.
As a performer, Michael shared the stage with Robert Randolph and the Family Band (Wichita River Festival 2015), Rebirth Brass Band (2016), Fingerprints Band (All That Jazz! Festival 2016), Marbin (2017) and The Kandinsky Effect (Wichita Jazz Festival 2017). He was a Semi-Finalist in the Wilson Center Guitar Competition and Festival in Brookefield, WI (2016).
As a composer/bandleader, he has written and composed music for his groups ME3 (Michael Engdahl Trio) and Odisea, releasing albums with both projects (www.michaeljengdahl.bandcamp.com).
As an educator, Michael is an adjunct instructor at Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, KS and Bethel College in Newton, KS.
What They Play
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1.72"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:25"
- Body Style:14" Thinline
- Body Dimensions:14" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top:Solid Maple
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Mahogany
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body, Neck, Headstock
- Binding Material:Flamed Maple
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Finish:Truetone Gloss
- Hardware Color:Nickel
- Bridge:Gotoh Tuneomatic
- Tuners:Gotoh SD90
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup:Bare Knuckle BC Old Guard Custom Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Bare Knuckle BC Old Guard Custom Humbucker
- Pickup Height:3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Switch:3 Way Switch
- Potentiometers:500K AudioTaper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Case:Hardshell Case