TV on the Radio has been called "one of the most compelling American rock and roll stories of the modern age" (BBC), “the most innovative band on the planet” (AV Club) and simply "superb" (Rolling Stone), proving themselves to be one of the most influential bands of the decade. The band consistently confounds expectations while managing to balance respect from critics and peers alike. Their albums grace national ‘best of's’ and ‘year-end’ lists, including their latest record Seeds (Harvest), topping New York Time's Jon Pareles' Best Albums of 2014 list. Their live show has been dubbed, "sexy nerdiness letting go in a controlled blast of unleashed energy” (The Boston Globe).
They’re influential, in their prime, they’re TV on the Radio, and they’ve established themselves as defining musicians of this generation. Seeds serves as another step in continuing to heed their reputation as “the most vital, current band in America” (Associated Press).
Prior to Seeds, TV On The Radio's 2011 Nine Types of Light, was deemed "pure heaven" by the cherubs at Rolling Stone, earning the band a Grammy® nomination. Dear Science was voted #1 by fans in Pitchfork's Reader's Poll and the #1 album in the Village Voice's Pazz and Jop poll, composed of reviews by more than 800 critics. Following the love the records received, the band went on to grace the stages of Saturday Night Live and The Colbert Report. Earlier records, Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes and Return To Cookie Mountain stole the hearts of fans and critics alike just the same, winning the Shortlist Music Prize and Spin's Album of the Year respectively.
PC: Alicia Armijo Photography
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Body Style:16" Thinline
- Body Dimensions:16" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top:Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides:Maple Laminate
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body and Neck
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Finish:All Gloss
- Hardware Color:Nickel
- Pickguard:Black Plastic with Ivoroid Binding
- Tailpiece:Gotoh stop tailpiece
- Tuners:Pingwell RM1239-NV
- Knobs:Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup:Kent Armstrong HPAN-1N
- Bridge Pickup:Kent Armstrong HPAN-1B
- Pickup Height:3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Pickup Frame:Black Plastic
- 3 Way Switch:Switchcraft
- Switch Tip:Switchcraft
- Potentiometers:500K AudioTaper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Case:Hardshell Case