"One of the most original and dignified talents to emerge in Australian Entertainment in a long time. She manages to be both imperial yet vulnerable." - Paul Sheehan, Sydney morning Herald.
With two successful albums, a national tour and of course nationwide exposure under her belt, Karen Lee Andrews (formerly 'Ms Murphy') is proud to debut her fresh new EP.
Capitalizing on her powerhouse voice and soulful sound, the new EP mines the rich blues and soul at the heart of her musical heritage.
"The sound is new, yet familiar", says Karen Lee Andrews, who has focused on reconnecting with her roots since stepping away from touring in 2015. Picking up her guitar in the Summer of 2016 was the catalyst for this fresh new sound.
This new genre-defining EP, 'Far from Paradise' is by turns direct, nuanced and open, to keep the listener fully engaged. The roots of the sound are gritty guitar, glowing valves, lush tremolo and deep reverb in a distinctively fluid expression. This unique sound carries the mood and tones of the EP expressed in rich, warm vocals.
What They Play
New Finish - Goldburst | Available Summer 2021
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Nut Width:1-3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22-Jescar FW47104
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Body Dimensions:16" X 1-3/4"
- Body Top:Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides:Maple Laminate
- F-Hole Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Head Cap Veneer Material:Ebony
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Headstock Style:AR
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo Material:Pearl
- Inlay:Split Block Parallelogram
- Inlay Material:Pearl
- Hardware Color:Chrome
- Pickguard Material:5-ply Plastic
- Pickguard Binding:Ivoroid
- Tailpiece:Gotoh stop tailpiece
- Bridge:Tunomatic Style
- Tuners:Ping Vintage Style
- Neck Pickup:Seymour Duncan Jazz
- Bridge Pickup:Seymour Duncan 59
- Controls:2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Switch
- Truss Rod Cover:Ebony
- Strings:D'Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Tuning:E A D G B e
- Case:Hardshell Case