Jon Carin is a multi-instrumentalist (keyboards, guitar, lap steel, bass, drums & programming), singer, writer & producer.
He has been part of the Pink Floyd family for 34 years, recording and performing with them, and also with Roger Waters & David Gilmour as solo artists, and together for the Live 8 concert in 2005.
He will celebrate his 20th anniversary with Roger on this tour, and has performed on all of Roger’s groundbreaking tours since 1998.
Numerous charity performances, In The Flesh, The Dark Side of The Moon, The Wall, Desert Trip & now, the Us & Them tour.
He co-wrote the Pink Floyd hit Learning To Fly.
He also has a long history working with The Who, Pete Townshend (he produced & toured with Pete), Eddie Vedder, Bryan Ferry, Psychedelic Furs, Martha Wainwright, Soul Asylum and many others.
He produced and co-wrote Richard Butler's critically acclaimed solo album Richard Butler.
He also recently completed 22 shows in London with Kate Bush, her first concerts since 1979 titled Before The Dawn, now available as an audio release.
PC: Kate Izor
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" and Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Body Style:16" Thinline
- Body Dimensions:16" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top:Deluxe Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides:Deluxe Maple Laminate
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Neck, Body,
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Split Blocks
- Finish:Antique Varnish
- Hardware Color:Aged Nickel
- Tailpiece:US Bigsby B7
- Bridge:Gotoh Relic Series GE104B
- Tuners:Gotoh Relic Series SD90
- Knobs:Black Top Hats
- Neck Pickup:Lollar Dog Ear P-90
- Bridge Pickup:Lollar Dog Ear P-90
- Pickup Height:3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Pickup Frame:Black Plastic
- 3 Way Switch:Switchcraft
- Switch Tip:Black Switchcraft
- Potentiometers:250k Audio Linear
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .011 - .049
- Action Height:3/32" bass side 12th fret, 2/32" treble side 12th fret
- Case:Hardshell Case