Jimmy Chamberlin is a Grammy Award winning drummer, multi-instrumentalist, writer, producer, and educator. He is a founding member of the Smashing Pumpkins and the band’s highly acclaimed drummer for over 30 years. To date, The Smashing Pumpkins have sold over 30 Million Records and remain one of the most in-demand live acts in the world.
Chamberlin also performs with his own band, The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex as well as with the great sax player, Frank Catalano.
He is also active in the Chicago Tech space where he formerly was CEO of LiveOne Inc. and currently runs his consultancy, Blue J Strategies.
In 2008, Gigwise named Chamberlin the fifth best drummer of all time. In 2016, Rolling Stone ranked Jimmy Chamberlin #53 on their list of "100 Greatest Drummers Of All Time.”
What They Play
- Neck Material:One Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Nut:Bone 1 11/16
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12 Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:Jescar FW47104
- Scale Length:24 3/4"
- Body Dimensions:13" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top:Solid Flame Maple
- Body Back/Sides:1 Piece Mahogany
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body and Neck
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Crowns
- Backplates:Black Plastic
- Top Coat Finish:Antique Varnish
- Hardware Color:Aged Nickel
- Tailpiece:Gotoh Relic Series GE101A-NI
- Bridge:Gotoh Relic Series GE-104B-NI
- Tuners:Gotoh Relic SD90
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Strap Peg:Gotoh Relic Series EP-A1
- Neck Pickup:Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height:3/32"
- Pickup Frame:Cream Plastic
- 3 Way Switch:Switchcraft
- Switch Tip:Switchcraft Ivory
- Capacitors:Sprague Orange Drop
- Potentiometers:CTS 500K Audio Taper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D'addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Action Height:3/32" and 2/32"
- Case:Hardshell Case