Born in an artistic home in France, Jean began studying piano at five
and from a young age, was drawn to improvisation and composition. At
fourteen years old he picked up the guitar and became passionate about
it. Two years later, he started his formal jazz studies, studying the
guitar with Serge Merlaud, then Michel Perez and more recently, one of
the most respected guitarists in the international jazz scene, Peter
Based in Paris for most of his life, he had the joy to share the stage
with many amazing musicians such as Fiona Monbet, Ibrahim Maalouf,
Armel Dupas, Karl Jannuska, and Plumes Ensemble. He played in jazz
festivals and prestigious venues such as Jazz at Saint Germain des
près, Charlie Jazz Festival, Jazz at Vannes, Pleyel, the Olympia and
the Stade de France.
At the end of 2014 Jean moved to Princeton, NJ with his wife. Inspired
by the culture shock and the surroundings of nature, he started to
compose for his first album. His debut album “The Beauty Of
Differences” featuring world-class drummer Rudy Royston and 8 time
Grammy nominated vocal artist Tierney Sutton will be released in 2018.
What They Play
- Neck Material:3 Piece Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even C
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12 Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:25"
- Body Style:Venetian
- Body Dimensions:16" x 2 9/16"
- Body Top:Solid Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Laminated Flamed Maple
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Top 5 ply, Back 3 ply, Neck 1 ply, F holes 1 ply
- Binding Material:Maple
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Tailpiece:Ebony on Brass
- Bridge:Adjustable Ebony Bridge
- Tuners:Gotoh SG360-EN01GG
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup:Kent Armstrong HPAG-1
- Pickup Height:3/32"
- Pickup Frame:Black Plastic
- Capacitors:.047" Ohms
- Potentiometers:500k Linear Taper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .012 - .052
- Case:Hardshell Case