Larry and His Flask are a five piece, high energy rock and roll band that incorporate elements of punk, gypsy jazz, folk and Americana music. Some people refer to them as “folk-punk” or “punk-grass,” but regardless of genre classification they strive to bring the party to every crowd. Their goal is to get everyone stomping, clapping, dancing, smiling and having a damn good time!
The Flask’s instrumentation is unusual and very unique for punk rock and rock & roll bands:
Jeshua Marshall – Stand up Bass, Harmonicas, Baritone Horn, Vocals
Ian Cook – Electric Guitar, Lead Vocals
Andrew Carew – Banjo, Trombone, Trumpet, Lead and Backup Vocals
Kirk Skatvold – Mandolin, Trumpet, Backup Vocals
Jamin Marshall – Stand up Drummer, Backup Vocals
Larry And His Flask have been a band for 14 years. They have slowly transitioned from a hardcore punk band to folk street performers, to the harmonious rock/party band that they are today. The band is based out of Bend, Oregon, right at the foot of Mt. Bachelor in the heart of the Pacific Northwest.
In the last few years they have chosen to take some time off the road and concentrate on other interests, but now they are back and better than ever! Larry and His Flask are in the studio recording a brand new full length album after 5 years. This will be the band’s 3rd full length album in its current musical style. The band’s independent and do it yourself attitude has taken them down a road less traveled, however, it has proven to be a very exciting and eventful one.
They will be back on the road again touring throughout 2018. Keep an eye out for them along the West Coast this Spring and across the UK and Europe this Summer.
What They Play
- Neck Material:One Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Nut:Bone 1 11/16
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12 Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:Jescar FW47104
- Scale Length:24 3/4"
- Body Dimensions:13" x 1 7/8"
- Body Top:Solid Flame Maple
- Body Back/Sides:1 Piece Mahogany
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body and Neck
- Binding Material:Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Crowns
- Backplates:Black Plastic
- Top Coat Finish:Antique Varnish
- Hardware Color:Aged Nickel
- Tailpiece:Gotoh Relic Series GE101A-NI
- Bridge:Gotoh Relic Series GE-104B-NI
- Tuners:Gotoh Relic SD90
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Strap Peg:Gotoh Relic Series EP-A1
- Neck Pickup:Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height:3/32"
- Pickup Frame:Cream Plastic
- 3 Way Switch:Switchcraft
- Switch Tip:Switchcraft Ivory
- Capacitors:Sprague Orange Drop
- Potentiometers:CTS 500K Audio Taper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D'addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Action Height:3/32" and 2/32"
- Case:Hardshell Case