Grammy award winning & Emmy nominated guitarist, multi-instrumentalist, music producer, and songwriter.
Born and raised in Durham, North Carolina, Erick Walls knew at the tender age of eight that he wanted to become a professional musician. Coming from a musical family, Walls received the necessary support for developing his skills on the guitar, bass, drums, and piano, playing in his Father’s church. After attending The Berklee College of Music, Erick moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of becoming a professional musician/producer/writer. Upon arriving in the city of Angels, he was met with open arms from the musical community!
Erick is a founding member of international recording Alt-Rock duo, Black Waat3r.
Erick has produced, recorded and/or performed with:
Michael Jackson, Beyonce, The Dixie Chicks, Dave Mathews, Kanye West, Beck, Rihanna, John Legend, Jay-Z, Jennifer Hudson, Toni Braxton, Whitney Houston, Kanye West, Chris Brown, Will Smith, Alicia Keys, Shirley Ceaser, Aloe Blacc, Mary J. Blige, Iggy Azalea, Jaime Foxx, The Isley Brothers, Boyz II Men, Brandy, TLC, Raphael Saadiq, Eric Benet, Charlie Wilson, Michael McDonald, Kirk Franklin, George Duke, ZZ Ward, Mac Miller, and many others.
Erick Walls' work in movies ranges from the Emmy nominated, Dancing In September, the Critically acclaimed, Baby Boy, Whitney (Whitney Houston Biopic), Barbershop 3, and many others.
The Grammy Awards, The CMA Awards, Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Craig Furgeson, ABC’s Boy Band, The BET Awards, BET's Celebration of Gospel, Ellen, Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, Dancing With The Stars, NBC Today Show, A&E Sessions, The NAACP Image Awards, Good Morning America, Jules Holland(UK), Top Of the Pops(UK), and many others.......
What They Play
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1-3/4"
- Fretwire:20 Jescar-FW43080
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Body Dimensions:16" x 4 1/4"
- Bracings:Hand Scalloped X
- Body Top:Solid Engleman Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Rosewood
- Bridge/Saddle:Ebony/Bone, 2 5/32" Spacing
- Truss Rod:Dual Acting
- Binding:Top, Back, Fingerboard, and Headstock
- Binding Material:Figured Maple
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color:Black
- Bridge Pins:Ebony w/Abalone Dots
- Body Top Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Tuners:Gotoh SG301
- Electronics:LR Baggs Anthem
- Strings:D'Addario .012-.053 #EXP16
- Action Height:12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
- Case:Hardshell Case
- Truss Rod Wrench:4mm