Solo Artist, Former Member of Japan
David Sylvian is an English singer-songwriter, musician, producer, and artist who came to prominence in the late 1970s as the lead vocalist and songwriter of the group, Japan. In 1982 he launched his solo career, and over the past 25 years has produced a variety of adventurous and inspired material, ignoring convention, opting instead to follow his creative passions wherever they happened to lead.
He’s widely recognised as one of the finest and most unique artists whose work explores a variety of musical idioms.
In 2015, Hypergraphia: The Writings of David Sylvian 1980–2014, was published. A beautifully designed book comprising a comprehensive collection of his lyrics, poetry and photography covering the 35 years of his career to date.
In his own words, “Throughout my life, it’s been my good fortune to work with a broad spectrum of some of the finest artists, designers, and craftsmen. When someone takes personal pride in the work they do you’re assured of incomparable results. This holds true for those that craft these beautiful instruments at Eastman Guitars. The love and care poured into every detail is palpable, which makes them a pleasure to play.
Of course, David would not be where he is today if he had not had the good fortune of being represented for the past 40 years by the incredibly hard working, diligent, intelligent and understanding Richard Chadwick.
Photo Credit: Isobel Sylvian
What They Play
Choose your finish
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even C
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078 and Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:25"
- Body Style:Venetian
- Body Dimensions:16" X 3-1/4"
- Body Top:Solid Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Handcarved Maple
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Top, Back Fingerboard, F-Holes, Headstock
- Binding Material:7 ply Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Finish:Gloss Finish
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Pickguard:Ebony w/ Ivoroid Binding
- Tailpiece:Ebony on Brass
- Bridge:Adjustable Ebony Bridge
- Tuners:Gotoh Gold with Ebony SG360-EN01GG
- Neck Pickup:Lollar Custom Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height:3/32"
- Potentiometers:CTS 500K LinearTaper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft 6J1226
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .012 - .052
- Case:Hardshell Case
Show more +