Before joining the Eastman faculty in late 1997, Sneider toured for several years with two-time Grammy Award winner Chuck Mangione. Other notable performers with whom Sneider has performed, toured or recorded include: Nat Adderley, Joe Locke, Don Menza, Lou Donaldson, Joey Defrancesco, Pat Bianchi, Gary Versace, Pat Labarbara, Joe Locke, Grant Stewart, Ken Peplowski, Gerry Niewood, Chris Potter, Roy McCurdy, Eric Alexander, David Hazeltine, Frank Strazzerri, Jon Faddis, Keeter Betts and frequent appearances with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Pops(guitar/banjo). Sneider has performed in major festivals, concert halls and jazz clubs throughout South America, Central America, North America and Europe. Sneider is a graduate of the University of Rochester where he studied with Bill Dobbins and Ramon Ricker. Growing up in Brockton, MA, Sneiders mentor and teacher was Chet Kruley – a veteran of the Fletcher Henderson, and Nat Pierce bands.
Sneider has several solo and co-led cd projects that have received rave reviews and international airplay: Introducing Bob Sneider (self produced), Out of the Darkness (Sonsofsound), duo projects with pianist Paul Hofmann -Interconnection (Sonsofsound) and Escapade (Sonsofsound) and Serve & Volley (Origin), The Bob Sneider/Joe Locke Film Noir Project – Fallen Angel (Sonsofsound) and Nocturne for Ava (Origin), All Through The Night (RIJF). Several of his students have won major jazz competitions and attended renowned institutes: YoungArts, DownBeat, Grammy National Band, The Brubeck Institute, Kennedy Center / Jazz Ahead.
What They Play
- Neck Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1.72"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:20 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104-P
- Scale Length:25"
- Body Style:Thin Archtop Jazz
- Body Dimensions:16" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top:Solid Spruce
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Maple
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body, Neck, Headstock
- Binding Material:5 Ply Ivoroid
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Finish:Gloss Finish
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Tailpiece:Ebony on Brass
- Bridge:Adjustable Ebony
- Tuners:Gotoh SG301-20GG
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup:Lollar Custom Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Pickup Height:3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Pickup Frame:Black Plastic
- Potentiometers:500K AudioTaper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Case:Hardshell Case